Cool-cat.org is an online library catalog system with new patron-friendly features that include:
- receiving hold pick-up and upcoming due date notices via e-mail
- placing holds on books and freezing hold requests if you're away
- creating and sharing personal lists of favorite items/wish lists
- keeping a history of checked out items
- setting a preferred pick-up location
- the ability to change your user-name and password so they are personalized and easier to remember
- renewing items through the online catalog
Cool-cat.org also allows patrons to enjoy expanded search tools that include:
- specifying format (book, audiobook, large print, e-books) in your search
- specifying audience (adult, preschool child, juvenile, adolescent) in your search
- specifying fiction or non-fiction in your search
Cardington-Lincoln Public Library, as well as the other libraries that belong to the Consortium of Ohio Libraries (a.k.a. COOL), "migrated" to this new software earlier this year. Patrons now have easy access to items at multiple libraries with a single library card.
Since the old catalog system was outdated, a change had to be made. The new system is a cost-effective choice because it eliminates the costs of yearly software license renewals and distributes development costs amongst the consortium libraries. The software can be expanded and updated at a minimal cost to meet patrons' needs for many years to come.