First published in 1985, The Handmaid's Tale has sold millions of copies worldwide and has appeared in many translations. It presents a look a the future through the story of Offred, a Handmaid in the Republic of Gilead, once the United States, an oppressive world where women are no longer allowed to read and are valued only for their ability to reproduce.
Join Book Talk on Wednesday, March 12 at 4:00 p.m. New members are always welcome. We gather in meeting room 126 below Youth Services.
In 2011 our library became a founding member of the Consortium of Ohio Libraries, a loose affiliation of at the time 9 public libraries in Ohio. This group formed around one concept, the idea that there must be a better way, especially for smaller libraries, to acquire online catalog software than the previous model, which was to license a product from a closed source vendor. This group selected Evergreen, a free and open source software catalog and contracted with OHIONET, a library member based non-profit that is located in Columbus.
Cool-cat.org is an online library catalog system with new patron-friendly features that include:
- receiving hold pick-up and upcoming due date notices via e-mail
- placing holds on books and freezing hold requests if you're away
- creating and sharing personal lists of favorite items/wish lists
- keeping a history of checked out items
- setting a preferred pick-up location
- the ability to change your user-name and password so they are personalized and easier to remember
- renewing items through the online catalog