The Library offers several ways to access the internet for free.
Internet at the Library: Public Access Computers and Wi-Fi
You can access the internet on one of our public computers, located in the Adult and Youth areas. To log in to a public computer, simply use your library card number for the User ID and your library card PIN for the password. If you don't have a library card through us or another COOL library, you can request a guest pass at the Circulation Desk.
The library also has public Wi-Fi throughout the building and in our parking lot that you can access from your own device by choosing the "CardLibPublic" Wi-Fi signal. Use of public computers and Wi-Fi are free of charge and no library card is needed.
Internet at home: WiFi Mobile Hotspot Kits
Patrons can check out mobile WiFi hotspot kits. These hotspots provide high-quality WiFi for up to ten devices at a time and come ready to use.
- One mobile hot spot may be checked out at a time per library account
- You must be 18 years old or older to check out a mobile hot spot
- New account holders are allowed to check out a mobile hotspot
- Holds can be placed on mobile hotspots
- Hotspots are checked out for 7 days at a time, they can be renewed once per check out (unless a hold has been placed by another patron)
- Your account must be in good standing, with no more than $10 in outstanding fines
- Mobile hot spots must be returned to the Circulation Desk, they cannot be returned to the outside return box because they don't fit in the return slot
- Mobile hot spots can only be checked out at and returned to Cardington-Lincoln Public Library; a hold cannot be placed to have a hotspot sent to another COOL library but all COOL library patrons are welcome to come to CLPL and check out a hotspot in person
- A mobile hot spot is considered overdue at the end of the check out period, it's considered lost after 30 days
- The library account holder is responsible for any damaged or lost mobile hot spots- full replacement fees are $130
- The library is not responsible for any liability, damages, or expenses resulting from the use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other devices, or data loss resulting from use of device. Using devices for illegal activity is prohibited by law.